The P³ Model of Care
The P³ program was carefully developed to address critical public health issues for socially disadvantaged parents and their children. P³ is an innovative, group-based program grounded in the methods and curriculum of the Nurse Family Partnership (NFP), an evidence-based maternal child health program. P³ utilizes a psycho-educational group-based format to promote positive behavior change and enhance social support. P³ has a strong theoretical framework and employs rigorous testing to ensure effective approaches are utilized to decrease health disparities in the highest risk populations.
P³ provides a space where women receive comprehensive prenatal medical care, social and emotional support, and group based education...
ALL IN ONE PLACE.
- Groups are made up of up to 10 pregnant women who have similar due dates (and their support people), a medical provider, and 2 group facilitators.
- Medical care, social support and education all occur within the group space.
- Participants learn to collect their own physical measurements and vital signs then meet one-on-one with a medical provider to privately discuss their individual health care needs at each group session.
- Group members share their experiences, offer support to each other and socialize with one another over snacks.
- Through interactive activities and discussions, groups address the content that is most important to them.
See what participants have to say about P³!
Pregnancy and infant care are certainly part of the curriculum but participants learn more than just how to change diapers!
P³ promotes the development of problem solving and communication skills, promotes autonomy and confidence and helps families build supportive networks as they work towards achieving their individual life goals.
Programming was thoughtfully designed to improve outcomes of pregnancy, enhance child health and development, help women become competent parents, promote economic self-sufficiency, and reduce social disparities. Data collection and outcomes research are ongoing at all of our sites.